Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Salmon Escabeach

My mom's friend made this for her at a dinner party a few months ago and my mother just raved about it.  It sounded weird, but she told me to trust her as she made it for me one night.  Let me tell you - I am pregnant, and during my pregnancy I'm not that into fish (especially salmon).  I SCARFED this down!  It was delicious!!!!

Ingredients:

5-6 oz pine nuts
3 oranges, zested
5-6 garlic cloves
2 stalks celery, sliced thinly
2 fresh salmon fillets, skinned
1/2 Cup sliced green olives
1/2 Cup raisins
2 Tbsp capers
2 small cans mandarin oranges, juice drained
1 Tsp cider vinegar
EVOO
S&P

Method:

In a pan, cook celery, garlic and orange zest with a little olive oil and salt and pepper over medium-low heat until celery is tender.  Add pine nuts, olives, capers, raisins, orange segments, and cider vinegar.  Keep simmering on med heat.

In a separate pan, heat EVOO to medium and add salmon filets.  Cook 3-4 minutes until they brown nicely, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes.  Top each filet with mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment