Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fruit and Veggie Smoothies


I'm sure everyone has their own version for this.  I've been having difficulty getting my 1 year old to eat his veggies, so my dear friend Jess told me to make him a smoothie.  It worked!  I added ice so it was like a frozen treat.  I even tried it and enjoyed it.  The color looks dark because of the frozen blueberries.

Note - measurements are approximate.  Use whatever fruits and veggies you have!

1 6oz container of YoBaby drinkable yogurt
1 Banana
2 Cups packed baby spinach
1/2 Cup shredded carrots
1/4 Cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/4 Cup frozen or fresh strawberries
Handful of ice

Puree in a blender and serve in a sippy cup, or if too thick, spoon feed or add more ice.  Freeze the leftovers for future use.

1 comment:

  1. An alternative recipe is the following:

    1 6oz drinkable yobaby yogurt
    1/2 Banana
    2 Cups spinach
    1/2 Cup shredded carrots
    1/4 Cup blueberries
    1/4 Cup strawberries
    Handful of ice

    ReplyDelete