Search This Blog

Friday, February 21, 2014

Rainbow Carrot, Apple and Ginger Slaw



I recently joined an organic buying club, and just picked up my box of fresh organic produce yesterday.  What a beautiful variety of fruits and vegetables!  I decided to do a mini "Chopped" episode here in my kitchen with the items I received.  What a flavorful, colorful combination.  A healthy, fresh, crunchy and delightful snack or side dish. 

Serves 4 - 6

Ingredients:

4 whole rainbow carrots (can use regular carrots), peeled and vigorously chopped
4 celery stalks, peeled and vigorously chopped
2 apples of your choice (I used pink lady), chopped
1/4 cup raisins
2 green onions, sliced thin
1/4 cup lowfat mayo
1 Tsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp agave nectar
1 Tsp fresh minced ginger

Toss together all fruits and vegetables in a bowl.  In a separate bowl, whisk the mayo, vinegar, nectar and ginger.  Add to the slaw and toss thoroughly.  Chill at least an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment