Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Best BBQ Chicken

I LOVE this BBQ sauce.  It is yet another recipe that comes from my wonderful mom.  She would make it when I was in school and I would literally spoon it into my mouth while it was simmering on the stove.  I always make extra and freeze it for a last minute dinner!  This has a very light, tart flavor.

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 8 chicken thighs, with skin)
S & P (for chicken)
3 large yellow onions, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp worchestire sauce
1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Cup ketchup
1/2 Tsp salt
1/4 Tsp paprika
1 Tsp pepper
1 Tsp yellow mustard

Method:

Sprinkle some S & P on chicken, and heat grill.  Saute onions in oil until soft.  Add all remaining ingredients in above order.  (Alter some ingredients to taste).  Simmer at least 1 hour.  Place chicken on grill and baste with BBQ sauce.  Pour additional sauce over chicken when served.

No comments:

Post a Comment