Search This Blog

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pan Seared Ahi Tuna with Cilantro Lime Sauce

I have always been a fan of seared rare ahi tuna steaks, alongside wasabi and soy sauce.  My good friend Jessica (Jess) told me about an even better dipping sauce.  Her husband is a boat captain, and I trust her opinion and believe that they probably know the best ways to eat fresh fish!  So I tried it out last night, and needless to say, I'm posting it this morning before my first cup of coffee.  It is so delicious I had to share immediately!!!

Ingredients:

4 fresh ahi tuna filets (at least 1" thick)
Olive oil (1/4 Cup and 2 Tbsp)
S & P
1/2 Cup black sesame seeds
1 Bunch fresh cilantro
Juice of 4 limes
1 Garlic clove
1 Tsp fresh grated and peeled ginger
1/4 Cup soy sauce
1 Tsp sugar
1 Jalepeno, seeded and cleaned

Method:

Tuna: 
Drizzle with olive oil, S & P and coat each side with black sesame seeds.  Heat skillet to high, set in tuna filets once the pan gets hot.  Cook on each side about 3 - 4 mins, just until the edges are a whitish color, but the inside is still rare.  Remove from stove.  Slice all tuna steaks into thin slices, and chill in the refrigerator at least 30 mins.

Sauce: 
Using a food processor, add cilantro (stems cut off), peeled ginger, peeled garlic clove, and seeded and cleaned jalepeno pepper.  Chop.  Combine in a bowl these ingredients along with lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, olive oil, and S & P.

Serve tuna cold with the dipping sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment