Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

Almost Completely Sugar-Free Lemon Pound Cake

The original recipe for this came from my mom, and was always one of my favorite desserts.  Well, if you know me, you know I always try to "healthify" stuff.  Mostly so I can eat more of it.  I made this 90% sugar free, and it was fantastic!  I even sampled it on some friends and they all loved it!  It is such an easy recipe, and is a great item to have for company.  I love to have a slice with my morning coffee.  Yum!

Ingredients:

1 package sugar-free yellow cake mix
1 3.5oz package sugar-free lemon jello pudding
3/4 Cup vegetable oil
3/4 Cup water
5 eggs
2 large lemons
1 Cup powdered sugar
Strawberries or Raspberries * optional, for garnish

Method:

Mix together cake mix, pudding, water, oil and eggs with a beater for several minutes, until smooth and blended.  Pour into a greased bundt pan.

Bake at 350 for one hour.  Let cool; invert cake. 

Mix juice of 2 lemons with 1 cup powdered sugar.  Pour over cake.  Keep covered.  (Note - in this picture, I muddled some fresh raspberries and added them in the lemon/powdered sugar glaze).

No comments:

Post a Comment