Search This Blog

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Easy Sweet Potato Mac & Cheese


This was so tasty.  I used whatever cheese I had in my fridge, some heavy cream, butter, and a whole sweet potato.  The kids scarfed it down and had no idea!  I don't really have measurements...I dumped a bunch of elbow pasta in the water and I have no idea how much it was.  Just follow the basic steps and use your judgement :)

Cook noodles, drain and set aside.

Make a roux, whisking together butter and flour (about 1 Tbsp of each).  Slowly stir in about 3/4 cup of either milk, half and half, or heavy cream, constantly whisking.  Add salt and pepper.  Remove from heat.  Add the cooked sweet potato and use an immersion blender to make it smooth and creamy.  Add the pasta to the roux/milk/sweet potato mixture. Stir.

Fold into the pasta 1 Cup shredded cheese of choice (I only had mozzarella, and used this), and 1 Cup grated parmesan.

Bake, covered, about 20-30 minutes until hot and heated through.


No comments:

Post a Comment