Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Creamy Spicy Sausage and Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup

I've made this three times, every time delicious, but I believe I've got it just the way I want it this time! As you may or may not know, I'm NOT good with measurements. I like to adjust to my liking, so bear with me. These are VERY close to accurate! Ha but no worries, you can always tweak it, too! INGREDIENTS: 1/2 lb kielbasa sausage links (raw) 1/2 lb hot italian chicken sausage links (raw) 1 15 oz jar roasted red bell pepper slices, drained 4 cups beef stock 1/4 cup minced garlic 1 chopped onion 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 cup heavy cream 2 tsp cayenne pepper 4 large handfuls fresh spinach 8 oz cream cheese METHOD: Using a large dutch oven, drizzle some olive oil. Remove casings from sausage and brown in pot. Remove grease, and place sausage on a plate. Add chopped onions and celery to pot and cook on low until tender. Add garlic and bell peppers and saute a few minutes on simmer, stirring constantly so not to burn the garlic. Stir in the cream cheese until blended well. Add beef broth and bring to a boil. Using an immersion blender, blend all until creamy and smooth. Add sausage to the pot. Add in cayenne, maybe one teaspoon at a time until it reaches your level of spicy. Before eating, add spinach and let it wilt. Stir in cream. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment