Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BBQ Buffalo Burgers

Where have I been???  You are wondering.  Why are you posting something similar to an existing post???  I don't really have a good answer for either question, other than I've been working a lot lately, and I played with an old recipe only to make it even better.

Not to worry, I was in Europe for the past two weeks (Bavaria and Czech Republic) and will be posting some mighty tasty and hearty Bavarian dishes in the upcoming weeks.  Additionally, say hello to fall, and some of the season's best cooking!  I'll be much busier with my recipe blogging in the days and weeks to come.  :)

BBQ Buffalo Burgers

Serves 2

Ingredients:

1 lb ground buffalo meat (or two pre-made patties)
2 tbsp worcestire sauce
1 tsp minced onion
1 tsp seasoning salt
dash of salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil

1 tbsp margarine
6 thin-sliced yellow onions

2 slices cheese (preferably cheddar, or muenster)

1 cup bbq sauce (I like Jack Daniel's or Sweet Baby Ray's)
3 slices turkey bacon

To make:

Melt margarine in a large pot on low-medium heat.  Add onions and cook on low-medium for about an hour, tossing regularly.

Mix together buffalo meat with seasonings and form into two patties.  Heat olive oil in a pan or skillet on medium-high heat.  Cook burgers until pink in the middle, about 8 minutes on each side.

Cook bacon in microwave until crispy, about 4 minutes.  In a saucepan, add bacon crumbles and bbq sauce and let simmer.

Place burgers on a plate, and top with cheese, onions and sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment