Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Greens with Golden Raisins

This was so delicious!  My husband wasn't a HUGE fan, but that's because he's rather have eaten french fries instead of greens for a side dish!  Haha.  I thought it was so flavorful.  I used extra raisins - they were so good.

2 Tbsp canola oil (I used EVOO)
1/2 Cup golden raisins
1 Small white onion, halved and sliced thin
6 Ounces chopped fresh escarole (I used one bunch)
1 Lb fresh baby spinach (I used a Fresh Express bag)
1/2 Tsp kosher salt
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala (Indian spice found in specialty stores (I went to Whole Foods)).

1.  Heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.  Add oil; swirl to coat.  Add raisins and onion to pan; cook for about 5 minutes until onions are slightly browned.  Add escarole and spinach (don't worry if it is overflowing the pan, it cooks down quickly).  Mix around until greens wilt, about 3 minutes.  Stir in salt and garam masala.  Serve hot.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment