Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Grilled Corn with Roasted Jalepeno Butter

This recipe came from Cooking Light magazine.  I love corn on the cob, and this sounded so tasty!  It was so easy, and my husband and I loved it.  Although, the recipe in the magazine served 6...I followed their recipe for the jalepeno butter but just used it on 2 ears of corn.  (I like a lot of jalepenos and butter!)  Also, I shaved the corn off the cob and tossed it into the butter mix so it would spread evently.  Delish!

2 Ears of corn-on-the-cob, shucked
1 Jalepeno
1 Tsp lime rind
1 Tsp honey
3 Tbsp melted margarine or butter
Pinch of salt

1.  Broil jalepeno in oven about 5 minutes, rotating to char each side.  Immediately after broiling, place jalepeno in ziploc bag, seal and leave to steam for about 10 minutes. 

2.  Place corn on foil or grill rack and grill on medium-high for 10 minutes, turning occasionally and charring slightly.

3.  Remove jalepeno from ziploc, peel outside, remove seeds and chop.

4.  Melt butter, and mix in lime rind, honey, salt and jalepeno.

5.  Shave corn from cob, and toss in the butter mixture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment