Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Skillet Salmon and Cucumber Dill Sauce


While the TV was on in the background, my ears perked up between yelling at the dog and chasing my toddler.  I glanced up and saw something about salmon, cucumbers, red onions and dill.  Immediately I thought how delicious it sounded.  Sort of like a homemade tzaziki sauce (which is delicious with salmon).  So I whipped this up and it was so super easy and SO delicious!  I will be making my salmon this way all the time from now on!

Serves 2

Ingredients:

2 pieces salmon, skin removed
1 cucumber, sliced very thin
1/4 of a red onion, sliced in half then sliced very thin
About 3 Tbsp fresh chopped dill
1/4 Cup sour cream
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt
Pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic powder

Method:

1.  Slice cucumber and red onion.  Chop dill.  In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, vinegar and lemon juice.  Add in dill, cucumbers and red onion and toss.

2.  Coat salmon with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. 

3.  Heat skillet over medium heat.  Add salmon and cook about 3 minutes on each side.  Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two.

4.  Place a heavy spoonful of cucumber dip on plate and place salmon on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment