Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

I'm not much of a baker, but I have a few secret recipes that are too irresistable!  This one (again) came from my mom.  For some reason, springtime and Easter remind me of fresh, warm, blueberry muffins.  So I am heading to the in-laws house for Easter weekend, and I've decided to make some and bring them! 

Makes 2 dozen

Ingredients:

2 Cups flour
2 Cups whole wheat flour
1 Cup sugar (or Splenda substitute) & 3 Tbsp sugar (or Splenda)
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp cinnamon
3 1/2 - 4 Cups fresh or frozen blueberries
2 Sticks melted butter (or margarine)
1 Cup milk
4 Eggs
1 Tsp vanilla

To Make:

Preheat oven to 425.  Use muffin paper cups.  Combine all dry ingredients except for 3 Tbsp sugar.  Mix.  In a separate bowl, toss 2 Tbsp of the dry ingredients with all the berries.  After butter cools, stir in milk, slightly beaten eggs, and vanilla.  Add egg mix to dry mix.  Stir in berries.  Spoon batter into muffin cups, and sprinkel the tops with the remaining 3 Tbsp sugar (or Splenda).  Bake 15 minutes until golden brown and puffed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment