Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Peppery Dry Rub

This comes from "The Cooking Bible" as I like to call it.  It is "Joy of Cooking" 75 year anniversary edition.  My mom got this for me for a stocking stuffer one year, and I don't know what I'd do without it.  It has every way to cheat, try, substitute, and every how-to imaginable.  The Peppery Dry Rub is fantastic on a good ribeye or new york strip steak.  Mmmmmmm......

Ingredients:

1 Cup coarsely cracked black peppercorns
2 Tbsp coarsely cracked white peppercorns
1 Tbsp ground coriander
1 1/2 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1/2 Cup salt

Method:

Mix together in a small bowl and rub into one side of steak.  Let steak marinate for at least an hour.  Store remaining seasonings in a ziploc for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment