Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Roasted Asparagus

Well, it's still monsooning here in South Florida, and I'm feeling a bit lazy today.  Although I'm still making time for my 90 minutes of hot yoga!  That just means I'll get home late and won't have much time to cook.  If you're in a crunch for time today, do what I'm doing.  Swing thru Publix and grab a rotisserie chicken, some asparagus, and some lettuce and salad ingredients.

I'm eating rotisserie chicken (skin removed), asparagus and a side salad.  For the side salad, use whatever ingredients you like.  The more veggies, the better!

I'll post a picture of the asparagus later, but for now, here's a yummy and quick way to prepare it:

Serves 2

Ingredients:

10-12 thick asparagus stalks, ends removed (I just snap about 1 1/2 - 2" of the ends off and rinse)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tsp crushed red pepper
1 small garlic clove, crushed
1/2 shallot, slivered
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
salt
pepper
fresh parmesan cheese

Turn oven on broil.  Toss asparagus in all ingredients.  Place on a baking sheet under broiler for about 5-7 minutes, or until crisp, tender, and ends are browning.

Feel free to add parmesan if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment